Our Summer Motto
Learn, Unwind and Enjoy the View.
In the summer time Advancing With Style moves to the Thousand Islands and offers high caliber executive training in the Thousand Islands and Kingston area. Join us at the House of Seven Gables, a Thousand Island estate located on an island in the middle of the St. Lawrence River. For the first time this year we are pleased to offer two new open registration seminars.
BODY LANGUAGE FOR WOMEN
This course is designed for women who want to take the upper edge in the workplace. Spend an afternoon on our veranda at the House of Seven Gables learning how to master your body language to have more presence, be confident, trustworthy and powerful.
- Learn the top 10 body language mistakes women make.
- Recognize and take control of your personal body language.
- Sharpen your ability to read people from head to toe.
- Learn how to read if a person is engaged or disengaged.
- Body language tips for negotiation and collaboration.
- Position yourself for success in the boardroom.
- Align your non-verbal statements with your words.
- Learn how to read micro expressions and their meaning.
You'll be amazed at the difference this one course will make!
Location: The House of Seven Gables, Dashwood Island, Ivy Lea
Date: Sunday, August 20, 2017. 1 PM, with reception to follow from 4-5.
Fee: $329. plus HST.
CLASSROOM TO BOARDROOM
The transition from high school to university to employment can be difficult, with many graduates not understanding general business courtesies, lacking in interpersonal communication skills and not knowing how to conduct themselves when dealing with business clients or associates. While education and credentials are essential, what schooling does not offer is training in the soft skills. It's the soft skills that set apart the applicant or new hires from the rest of the pack.
This program deals with the lack of work readiness and soft skills that millennials exhibit. The content of this seminar is based on numerous surveys on millennials in the workplace, including results from the National Professionalism Study for the past 5 years.
It is never too early to master these skills, nor is it too late to learn. Ideal for the young adult who wants to stand out in the crowd.
This course is essential for every young adult preparing for a career and the competitive job market. If you are a parent, give your son or daughter the advantage of knowing how to look, act and communicate in a professional manner.
Who Would Benefit:
All current college students and recent university graduates, regardless of academic background.
- Acknowledging the soft skills that employers look for in new employees.
- Dining etiquette and how to interact when dining with business associates and clients.
- The importance of proper conduct while attending work functions.
- How to master the art of business networking and socializing.
- Understanding business etiquette and general courtesy in the workplace.
- The importance of first impressions and professional attire.
- Deciphering the corporate dress codes and knowing what is never acceptable.
- Choosing the appropriate form of communication when dealing with colleagues and clients.
- Techno communications, how to compose professional emails and texting etiquette.
Location: The House of Seven Gables, Dashwood Island
Date: Sunday, August 13, 2017. 9-4
Fee: $329. plus HST.
Light buffet lunch included. Please note that at the present time we can not accommodate food allergies.